Wouldn’t it be grand if all it took to expand your business into another country was to just find some available space and—quite literally—set up shop? No fuss, no bureaucratic red tape. Just you, your company, and a brand-new stage on which to pursue economic opportunity.
Unfortunately, that’s just not the world in which we live. When companies from outside the U.S. want to set up American branches, they must comply with American employment laws and regulations. And, as any entrepreneur from the United States will tell you, these policies are often complicated and confusing. It can be tempting to try to figure things out as you go, but we don’t recommend it, as the penalties for non-compliance can be steep. A single false step may seriously impede your American expansion efforts…and repeated mistakes may be enough to get your whole operation shut down.
So, instead of trying to do it all on your own, why not hire a licensed PEO to guide you? Staff One HR has an extensive history of helping global companies set up new offices in the U.S. by providing essential HR services. We know the ins and outs of employee benefits, workers’ compensation, risk management, compliance management, and tax regulations. Whether you’re in the midst of recruiting new talent or managing your existing employees, we’ll keep you in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
Specific services offered by Staff One HR include:
- Fractional HR management and consulting.
- HR audits.
- Assistance with writing customized job descriptions and employee handbooks.
- Workplace safety training.
- An automated process for employee hiring, onboarding, and timekeeping.
- Payroll and payroll tax administration.
- Cost-effective medical insurance, including a full suite of ancillary benefits.
- Job profiling tools to increase talent recruitment and employee retention.
If you want to establish a solid HR foundation for the American arm of your company, you’ll need an expert HR firm in your corner. Contact Staff One HR today to see what we can do for you!